Meet Me In The Woods — Lord Huron
I took a little journey to the unknown And I come back changed, I can feel it in my bones I fucked with the forces that our eyes can't see Now the darkness got a hold on me Oh, the darkness got a hold on me How long, baby, have I been away? Oh, it feels like ages, though you say it's only days There ain't language for the things I've seen, yeah And the truth is stranger than my own worst dreams The truth is stranger than all my dreams Oh, the darkness got a hold on me I have seen what the darkness does Say goodbye to who I was I ain't never been away so long Don't look back, them days are gone Follow me into the endless night I can bring your fears to life Show me yours and I'll show you mine Meet me in the woods tonight
Essa canção do Lord Huron não sai da minha cabeça. A letra misteriosa com o ritmo punk/folk e a melodia libertadora criam uma combinação que faz a alma dançar.
Para mim, a música é sobre uma viagem interior em direção aos recantos escuros, no estilo "Dante & Beatriz" (no refrão celebratório, o diálogo sugere claramente essa guia feminina tipo "anima").
É o tipo de música que me faz querer ler os comentários no youtube, para uma experiência estética enriquecedora compartilhada. Alguns dos comentários mais legais:
- This sounds like the end credits to life.
- … its about someone who has realized that he has lost his innocence or sense of morality, and has unearthed deep, selfish motives inside himself and he knows he can never be the same old self.
- Its like “Here, listen to this little piece of me.” There’s something so beautiful about that.
- I don't know if it is a sad or a happy song, but it makes me feel I can forget everything that went wrong in my life and become a better person.
- For some reason this band always gives me something I can only describe as nostalgia, but for something I haven't experienced. I wonder if there's a word for that…
- Do you know when you find music that hits you on a different level like you were missing a part of you you didn't know was gone and then you hear a certain piece of music and it's like that part of you you didn't know was missing slides into place, that's what this feels like
(alguns meses depois:) Como não percebi isso antes?! A letra é obviamente sobre depressão. Ou não…